Radish ( Mooli) stuffed Paratha
This is Indian flat bread stuffed with Spicy and comforting grated Mooli (Radish) with the fresh flavour of Mint. It can be served with home made dips which can be served for a breakfast or packed lunch.
Quantity: 7-8 parathas
Preparation time: 14-16 minutes (each paratha takes ~ 1 ½- 2 minutes)
Waiting time: 15-20 minutes Ingredients:
- Wheat flour-1 ½ cup
- Warm water- enough to make the dough
- Dry flour- for dusting
- Mooli/Radish- 1 to 1 1/4 cup
- Green chilli- 3-4 num
- Coriander- Handful fresh chopped leaves
- Mint leaves- 2tbsp
- Salt-for taste
- Oil- for shallow frying
- Prepare the dough and keep it aside.
- Grate the mooli/radish and keep aside for 15-20 minutes and later squeeze the water from it.
- In a mixer jar add blend coriander, mint, green chilli and peanuts to paste without adding any water.
- Add ground coriander/mint paste to the squeezed mooli and mix well (Adding Oats helps to remove excess water in Mooli) and divide the stuffing into 7-8 equal portions.
- Now take the lemon sized ball of the dough and roll them into a small circle for poori size and place 1 – 2 spoons of stuffing in the centre and tuck the sides to cover the stuffing
- Slightly dust the dry flour and roll to 5 -6 inch diameter.
- Place it on the heated tawa and cook on the medium flame. When you see bubbles rising on the surface, turn it over.
- Drizzle oil around its edges on both side with the help of spatula and cook for 30 seconds each side. Repeat flip and cook process until light brown spots appear on both sides.
- Stuffed paratha with mooli is ready transfer it to the plate
Serve with Chutney.
- Squeezing water from mooli help the parathas from breaking while rolling the dough.
- Radish juice can be used to make the dough instead of water
- Add 1-2tbsp of oats to the stuffing if you feel the stuffing is still wet before stuffing.