About the dish:
This is a super quick, easy dip where grated raw radish is whisked with yogurt , flavoured with coriander, mint and spiced with green chillies.
Radish or mooli has long been used in Indian households to add flavour to curries or to make mouth-watering mooli paratha. They are packed with nutrients, vitamins and antioxidants that can not only add years to your life but can help you fight diseases like cancer, diabetes, beats cold and cough, helps recover from jaundice, fights constipation.
Makes: 3-4 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Grated radish-1cup
- Yogurt-1 ½-2cups
- Green chilli-3-4num
- Mint-a handful
- Coriander- handful
- Roasted Peanuts-2tbsp
- Black salt- 1/2tsp
- Sugar-1/2tsp (if you wish sweet and sour taste)
- Throw mint, coriander, chillies and roasted peanuts in the mixer/blender and ground to coarse paste and set aside.
- Beat the yogurt, black salt, yogurt in a bowl add grated radish, ground paste and mix well until combined.
Serve with rotis/parathas/ biryani rice
- Can replace black salt with table salt
- Can even add mustard, curry leaves tempering to this.