Aam/Mango panna using honey
Aam ka panna is a delicious and spicy summer drink made using raw mangoes, cumin powder, black salt, pepper, sugar and mint. It is traditionally sweet and tangy drink. Here I used honey in place of sugar.
Green mango is a rich source of pectin, which gradually diminishes after the formation of stone. Aam ka panna which is prepared using raw mangoes is an effective remedy for heat exhaustion and heat stroke. It also quenches thirst and prevents the excessive loss of sodium and iron during summer due to excessive sweating.
It is not only refreshment but also a great rejuvenating drink. It restores the sodium that was lost due to dehydration.
Preparation time: 10mins
Cooking time: 15mins
- Raw green mango-1 medium/ 2small
- Black salt/rock salt-1/2tsp
- Roasted cumin powder-1tsp
- Mint leaves- a handful
- Water-2cups (or more if required as per taste)
- Crushed black pepper, ice cubes
- Wash and boil mangoes with skin on for 12-15minutes/until soft
- Let them cool. Peel skin and mash
- In a processer/juicer combine mashed mango, mint leaves, cumin powder, black salt, honey, water and whizz until combined well and mint leaves and crushed.
- Once blended well transfer to the serving glasses, sprinkle some crushed pepper
Serve chilled by adding Ice cubes.
- Sweetness can be increased/decreased
- It can be diluted by adding water
- Dash of lime juice can also be added
- Instead of boiling you can even pressure cook for 1 whistle
Posted on July 7, 2014, in Indian, Sweets and tagged Chitras healthy kitchen, drchdietfood, healthy mango juices, Mango juices, Mango Thirst quenchers, prakruthi honey, prakruthi honey bangalore, Summer thirst quencher healthy juices. Bookmark the permalink. 12 Comments.