Petit bars – Lemon honey with black currant (Zero oil)
These are healthy lemon bars with black currant filling oil free bars. The crust with tangy lemony flavour which is made with whole wheat flour, the secret ingredients I used is Greek yogurt.
The lemony flavour crust filled with black currant oozing jam- a perfect guilt free treat for sweet lovers.
They can be served for breakfast or for evening snacks.
Preparation time: 15min
Cooking time: 10mins
Baking time: 30-40mins
For the crust:
- Whole wheat flour-1 1/2cup
- Baking powder-1/2tsp
- Baking soda-1/2tsp
- Lemon juice-1/2cup
- Honey/agave nectar-3/4 cup
- Natural Greek Yogurt-1cup
- Lemon zest-1tbsp
For the blackcurrant filling:
- Black currant-2cups
- Stevia sweetner-2tbsp
- Lemon juice-2tbsp
For the filling:
- Combine corn flour, lemon juice and water in a bowl mix well until dissolved and set aside.
- Wash and rinse the currants and combine sweetener and currants in a pan and cook on a low heat for 5-8minutes.
- Add corn flour, lemon juice-water mixture and cook for another 2-3minutes and remove from the flame. Allow it to cool down.
For the crust:
- Pre-heat the oven at 180deg, grease and line the loaf tin.
- In a large bowl combine wet ingredients-whisk yogurt, honey, lemon juice until combined well.
- Sift wheat flour, baking powder, soda, salt in other bowl. Add lemon zest and mix well.
- Now add the dry ingredients over wet ingredients little at a time and mix until combined well.
- Spread half of the batter into prepared tin, sprinkle with half of the black currant mixture.
- Now pour remaining half of the batter and finish with the black currant jam.
- Now place the loaf time into the pre-heated oven and bake for 35-40mins/until the skewer inserted comes out clean. Remove from the oven
- Allow it to cool down and then cut into slices to serve.
- For the black currant filling can replace sweetener with sugar
- Honey can be replaced with any sweetener of your choice
- Sweet can be increased or decreased as per taste
- Regular low fat Yogurt can also be used
Posted on July 8, 2014, in Dessert, International, Kids recipes and tagged Blackcurrent bars, Breakfast healthy bars, Chitras healthy kitchen, drchdietfood, Healthy breakfast fruit bars, Healthy lemon honey bars, Lemon honey bars, Petit healthy bars, prakruthi honey, prakruthi honey bangalore. Bookmark the permalink. 11 Comments.
I love black currant icecreams… This dish is new to me!!
Thanks Aiswarya…tried a variation with black currents..glad you liked it
Thanks Priya for noticing..I just added
Nice reading about you
Thanks for visiting my blog. Be in touch. Browse through the category sections, I feel you may find something of your interest.
Please visit my new blog if possible, hope you like it 🙂
thank you so much dear 🙂
thanx for stopping by and following my blog wil definitely have a look at it…..have a lovely day…..
Thank you dear Chitra 🙂
Hi Chitra, planning to try this recipe today.I am assuming that the consistency of the batter will be that of regular cake batter, in this case…It would be great if you could add a few pictures of the preparation stage too. great recipes 🙂
Cake Batter consistency required please. Thanks for following my blog and happy to receive the feedback. I will explore the option to add more pics.
Have a good day !
You are welcome Mamta. Wait to hear how this recipe turned out for you..