Spinach gravy with noodle soup – Vegan
Noodles is served in a spicy, delicious, flavoursome spinach soup with mushroom and baby corn. Haven’t used any cream/dairy in this soup.
Spinach soup is highly nutritious, fresh and appealing for its attractive bright green colour and can be prepared in many ways according to your choice.
This fresh soup is wonderfully nutritious and can be served as a starter or lunchtime meal by adding noodles. Adding noodles helps to attract kids as most of them love noodles. So this soup is perfect to include even in kids lunch item menu.
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- Noodles-100 gms
- Mushrooms-5-6 (cleaned and sliced)
- Baby corn-5-6 (cleaned and sliced)
- Chopped spring onion greens-1/2cup
- Salt- as per taste
- Crushed pepper- as per taste
For spinach puree:
- Chopped Spinach-2cups
- Chopped onion-1num
- Chopped tomato-1num
- Green chilli-3num
- Fennel seeds-1tsp
- Chopped Ginger-1/2inch
- Chopped Garlic-3cloves
- Bay leaf-1
For spinach puree:
- Heat 1tsp oil in the pan, add fennel seeds, ginger, garlic, green chilli, bay leaf and saute for a minute .
- Add onion, tomato and saute on a medium flame for 2-3minutes.
- Add spinach saute for a minute, add 1cup water and cook on a medium flame for 4-5minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Allow it to cool completely, once cooled blend it in food processor/ blender to a smooth puree and set aside.
- Boil sufficient water in a saucepan add 1tsp salt and add noodles and cook.
- Once cooked drain the excess water and run some cold water over the noodles to avoid clinging each other
- Heat 1tsp oil in a wok add mushrooms, baby corn and saute couple of minutes until they are tender.
- Then add blend spinach puree and let it boil simmering on low flame. (if you wish the soup to be more liquid feel free to add extra water/vegetable stock at this stage)
- Once the spinach puree starts boiling add salt, pepper, spring onion greens and boil for 2-3minutes.
- Add noodles and cook for a minute
Serve into a soup bowl and serve hot.
- You can enjoy even as just spinach soup without noodles.
- Feel free to include any vegetables of your choice as variation
I am bringing this recipe to Virtual Vegan LINKY Potluck #3
Posted on July 12, 2014, in Indian, International, Main dish, Soups, Salad and Wraps, Vegan and tagged Chitras healthy kitchen, Cream free Indo-chinese recipe, creme free soup, drchdietfood, Healthy soup, Indo-chinese veg recipe, Palak soup, Spinach soup, Vegan recipes. Bookmark the permalink. 21 Comments.
OMG 🙂 Love spinach and noodles.
Thanks Charanya….Happy to know you liked it…
Spinach is my favorite green vege. I will try this one in the near future. Thanks
That’s so kind of you..Thanks for your visit to blog
Again a great combo 🙂
Thanks Malar..Nice you liked this combo
This one I like too.. I love noodle soups
Thanks Bikramjit…noodle lovers club me too a member
anything with noodles, because i like noodles 😉
Haa haa..same here..trying with varieties of noodles
Great! Want to try this out (got a lot of spinage in my allotment!)
Claire – That’s nice to know..fresh spinach from garden so nice….
Looks yummy! I love noodle soups like this. 🙂
Yummm! That one meal soup looks very tasty! xx
So nice one meal soup never thought about it..Happy to learn new things from you Sophie..Feels good
No, no it isn’t named like that, I just call it that way! 🙂
Sophie you name it I take it – am honoured. ….thanx a ton….<3 ❤
Soup looks yummy Chitra
Thanx vidya. …