Mixed berry and Mango – Panna cotta/Mousse: Vegan
Panna cotta is an Italian classic and simple dessert. It is made by simmering together cream, milk and sugar mixing with gelatin and letting it to set. Here I veganised by using coconut milk and replaced sugar with honey and to make it vegetarian friendly used agar- agar(Chinese grass) instead of gelatin.
This is deliciously light and creamy mango layer blends perfectly with berry compote. You can alter the layer according to preference. If setting two layer is tedious just skip agar-agar and top mango panna cotta with berry sauce and enjoy .
Preparation time: 10mins
Cooking time: 20mins
For Mango layer:
- Mango pulp-1cup
- Coconut milk-1cup
For Berry layer:
- Fresh berries-1cup
- Mix agar- agar in a small bowl with 1/4cup warm water until dissolved
- In a small saucepan, combine coconut milk, honey and Mango pulp mix well and bring to boil for about a minute.
- Pour soaked agar- agar to mango mixture stir to combine.
- Divide mango mixture evenly into3-4 serving container and refrigerate to set for 3-4hours.Start the process for second layer once Mango layer is fully set.
- Soak agar-agar in the 1/4cup warm water until dissolved.
- In a small saucepan put the berries, honey and add 1/4cup water and cook it on a low flame by simmering it
- As the berries are cooked, mash the berries using spatula and add agar agar mixture mix well until combined.
- Let it cool and then pour on top of mango layer and let it set for another 2-3hours.
- Feel free to use any fruits of your choice and follow the same procedure.
- You can even try with frozen fruits
- You can use cream /milk to replace coconut milk.
Posted on July 13, 2014, in Dessert, Indian, International, Sweets, Vegan and tagged Chitras healthy kitchen, drchdietfood, Kids sweet recipes, Mousee healthy recipe, Panna Cotta healthy, Vegan friendly mousse, Vegan friendly Penna Cotta, Vegan sweet recipes. Bookmark the permalink. 20 Comments.
i have never used agar agar before 🙂 I have to get one and try this 🙂
Charanya I tried and searched for longtime..nearly an year I say..it is also called “China Grass”…so not many know the name ‘Agar agar’…hope this helps
I love panna cotta, this is a really lovely dessert, the fruit layer is a wonderful addition.
Thanks Suzanne..so nice to know you loved it
Thanx Suzanne. ….glad you liked it…..
Today I prepared strawberry pannacotta with gelatin:) like the idea of using coconut milk and multi layer is amazing thought Chitra
Thanks Vidya..nice to know about Strawberry…waiting to check your oost
Wow, this looks too good Chitra, specially vegan 🙂
Malar – so nice to know…
Amazing Chitra!! I love what you have come up with here!
Thanks Lori…you are amazing and encouraging…feel good
anything with mangoe is yummy to me .. I think I am going to take a LOAN and go and buy myself some mangoes 🙂
Mangoes you can never say NO..they are so good..thy have become expensive these days with less people growing them..all salute to modernization
This looks absolutely delicious as well as beautiful.
I love agar agar in my kitchen too! I made your tasty dessert & my hubby & I devoured it all! 😉 xxx
Sophie – I am in sky…So happy to know this recipe turned out good and your family loved it..You are so encourging all times…Thank you so much