Mixed berry and Mango – Panna cotta/Mousse: Vegan
Panna cotta is an Italian classic and simple dessert. It is made by simmering together cream, milk and sugar mixing with gelatin and letting it to set. Here I veganised by using coconut milk and replaced sugar with honey and to make it vegetarian friendly used agar- agar(Chinese grass) instead of gelatin.
This is deliciously light and creamy mango layer blends perfectly with berry compote. You can alter the layer according to preference. If setting two layer is tedious just skip agar-agar and top mango panna cotta with berry sauce and enjoy .
Preparation time: 10mins
Cooking time: 20mins
For Mango layer:
- Mango pulp-1cup
- Coconut milk-1cup
For Berry layer:
- Fresh berries-1cup
- Mix agar- agar in a small bowl with 1/4cup warm water until dissolved
- In a small saucepan, combine coconut milk, honey and Mango pulp mix well and bring to boil for about a minute.
- Pour soaked agar- agar to mango mixture stir to combine.
- Divide mango mixture evenly into3-4 serving container and refrigerate to set for 3-4hours.Start the process for second layer once Mango layer is fully set.
- Soak agar-agar in the 1/4cup warm water until dissolved.
- In a small saucepan put the berries, honey and add 1/4cup water and cook it on a low flame by simmering it
- As the berries are cooked, mash the berries using spatula and add agar agar mixture mix well until combined.
- Let it cool and then pour on top of mango layer and let it set for another 2-3hours.
- Feel free to use any fruits of your choice and follow the same procedure.
- You can even try with frozen fruits
- You can use cream /milk to replace coconut milk.
Posted on July 13, 2014, in Dessert, Indian, International, Sweets, Vegan and tagged Chitras healthy kitchen, drchdietfood, Kids sweet recipes, Mousee healthy recipe, Panna Cotta healthy, Vegan friendly mousse, Vegan friendly Penna Cotta, Vegan sweet recipes. Bookmark the permalink. 20 Comments.