Couscous salad with veggies, chickpeas, mint and olive oil dressing is fabulous for a packed lunch or light supper. I spiced it with green crushed green chillies but any spices and herbs can be included as per the taste and preference.
Couscous is small pasta made of semolina, a form of wheat. It can be eaten as a side dish, salad and you can use it in place of rice or quinoa. Including couscous provides essential nutrients and help to provide a good source of lean, vegetarian protein.
Preparation time: 15mins
Cooking time: 10mins
- Finely chopped onion-1num
- Finely chopped cucumber- 1/2cup
- Finely chopped tomato-1num
- Cooked chickpeas/garbanzo beans- 200gms/1can
- Mint leaves- a handful
- Green chilli-2num
- Black salt/rock salt-1/2tsp
- Olive oil-1tbsp
- Lemon juice-as per taste
- Crush mint, Coriander, chilli in the blender to fine paste.
- Boil 1cup water and soak couscous for 5-10 mins.
- In a bowl add chopped onion, cucumber, tomato, garbanzo beans, crushed mint-coriander-chilli, rock salt, lemon juice, couscous and mix well until combined.
Drizzle olive oil serve immediately.
<li>Couscous can be replaced with Quinoa</li> <li>Feel free to use any pulses/sprouts of your choice</li> <li>Can replace rock salt with table salt, green chilli with cayenne pepper/ paprika</li>
Posted on July 13, 2014, in International, Salad/Wraps, Soups, Salad and Wraps and tagged Chitras healthy kitchen, Couscous chickpeas salad, Couscous healthy salad, drchdietfood. Bookmark the permalink. 20 Comments.