Ragi oats masala roti (Finger Millet Spicy Indian Bread):
Ragi roti is a breakfast food in state of Karnataka, India which is nutritious. In this recipe I included oats which makes it rich in fiber, flaxseed /linseed rich in omega-3 with vegetables and a blend of spices.
Nutritionally, when ragi is used as a whole grain, it is higher in protein and minerals in comparison to all other cereals and millets. It is a remarkable source of protein, making it perfect for vegetarian diets.
Oats is one of the most nutritious food and one of the easy one to digest. It is rich in calcium and protein and also a good amount of iron and other minerals. It is low in fat most of which are unsaturated fats.
Cooking time: 30mins
Preparation time: 15mins
- Ragi flour/Finger Millet flour -1cup
- Ground oats-1/2cup
- Rice flour-1/2cup
- Fine semolina-2tbsp
- Ground flaxseeds/flaxmeal-2tbsp
- Grated carrot-1/2cup
- Grated radish-1/2cup
- Grated cabbage-1/2cup
- Finely chopped fenugreek/methi leaves-1/2cup
- Finely chopped onion-1num
- Finely chopped chilli/chilli paste- 5-6chillies
- Garlic paste-2tsp
- Finely chopped coriander-a handful
- Oil-to roast rotis
- Combine all the ingredients mentioned in a mixing bowl except oil.
- To this add hot boiled water mix it using sppon and then knead into a soft-smooth dough .
- Divide the dough to equal portions.
- Flatten them using your palm on a butter paper/foil.
- Heat the pan carefully place the rotis drizzle little oil along the sides.
- After a minute turn to the other side and cook until brown spots appear.
- Repeat with the remaining portions and serve hot with pickles/dips
- Combination of vegetables can be done as per your choice