Pistachio milkshake – DF and Vegan
Pistachio milkshake is made with raw pistachio, almond milk and cardamom; mace is used as a flavouring agent.
Mace is one of the natural boons. While nutmeg is actual seed of the tree, mace is dried reddish covering of the seed known for its several culinary and medicinal uses. Mace is a prominent flavouring agent in cuisines of most countries. Mace can be used in several forms, either as the directed lacy covering or in powdered form.
Mace is very handy for digestion and easing stomach aches and gas from stomach and intestine. It is beneficial for preventing indigestion, flatulence, vomiting and diarrhoea.
Flavours can be personalised by adding nutmeg/vanilla as per the preference.
Preparation time: 10minutes
Cooking time: 10minutes
- Unsalted Pistachios-4tbsp
- Almond milk-2cups
- Cardamom-2num (peel and remove the seeds)
- Agave nectar-3tbsp
- Green colour-drop (optional)
- Combine pistachio, mace/javitri, cardamom seeds and grind to the fine powder.
- boil milk on a medium high flame and add ground powder and simmer for 5minutes turn off the flame
Can be served hot or cold
To serve cold:
- Refrigerate the pistachio milk for 2-3hours and once cooled transfer it to the milk shaker shake it / just whizz it in the blender until frothy and serve with chopped pistachio.
- Can replace almond milk with regular milk.
- Can use Honey in place of Agave nectar
- If you like green in your milk shake add a drop of green food colour
- Nutmeg can be used in place of Mace
I am sharing this recipe to Virtual Vegan LINKY Potluck #3
Posted on July 15, 2014, in Breakfast, Breakfast, Indian, International, Juices/Beverages, Vegan and tagged Chitras healthy kitchen, drchdiet food, Javitri health benefits, Mace health benefits, Vegan milkshake recipes. Bookmark the permalink. 49 Comments.