Pasta salad in yogurt dressing
Pasta salad with lemon yogurt dressing which is creamy and tangy replaces mayo-based dressing. With yogurt in this dressing, the salad is lighter and the flavours come through better; It is a healthy alternative to traditional salad dressings.
Enjoy this refreshing salad.
Preparation time: 15mins
Cooking time: 20mins
- Whole wheat pasta- 150gms
- Cherry tomatoes-1cup
- Chopped cucumber-1cup
- Chopped red onion-1num
- Crushed Walnuts – a handful
- Melon seeds – 2 tbsp
- Rock salt-1/2tsp
- Lemon juice-2-3tsp
- Crushed pepper-to taste
- Cook pasta in generously salted water according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, honey, Lemon juice, salt, crushed pepper mix well.
- Add tomatoes, cucumber, onions, Pasta toss well and place in a bowl/plate.
- Top it up with Walnuts and Melon seeds.
- For variation you can use zucchini, bell pepper or any veggies of your choice.
Posted on July 16, 2014, in International, Salad/Wraps, Soups, Salad and Wraps and tagged Chitras healthy kitchen, drchdietfood, Pasta Cold Salad, Salad in healthy yougurt. Bookmark the permalink. 4 Comments.