Quinoa and potato – Veg Kabab
This recipe combines potato with the wonders of quinoa which makes a unique appetizer. Kabab is just vegetables roasted/ grilled on a skewer; It may be served on plates in sandwiches. Try pairing then with soup/salad.
It makes a great snack/nice side dish to the main meal.
Quinoa is a tiny grain that cooks up like rice and has a mils, nutty flavour and light, fluffy, texture similar to couscous. It is one of the most protein rich food; It contains twice as much fiber as most of the grains; It also contains Iron, Lysine, Magnesium and Manganese
Preparation time: 15mins
Cooking time: 15mins
- Cooked and mashed potato-2num
- Cooked quinoa-1cup
- Grated carrot-1/2cup
- Chopped onion-1num
- Crushed Bread – ½-3/4cup
- Green chilli paste-2tsp
- Garlic paste-1tsp
- Finley Chopped coriander leaves- a handful
- Salt- as per taste
- Cumin seeds-1tsp
- Oil-2tsp+ for brushing
- Heat oil in the non-stick pan; Add cumin seeds, onion, green chilli-garlic paste and saute for a minute.
- Add grated carrot, Quinoa, mashed potatoes and saute for 2-3minutes.
- Add salt crushed bread, coriander and mix well
- Turn off the flame and allow it to cool down completely.
- Use skewers to roll them into long kababs or make bite sized kababs using toothpicks.
- Heat a pan/skillet and cook them on all sides on a hot tava with few drops of oil till golden brown.
Serve hot with tomato sauce/mint chutney/salads.
- Bread can be crushed in the food processor.
- It can be rolled in skewers or just made to patties and cooked.
- This can be baked in the oven just after rolling on skewers place on the lined baking tray and bake at the pre-heated oven for 15-20minutes at 180deg c.
Posted on July 16, 2014, in Appetizers, Indian, International, Starters and tagged Chitras healthy kitchen, drchdiet food, Healthy vegetarian Kabab, Quinoa Kabab, Quinoa recipes, Vegetarian Kabab Healthy. Bookmark the permalink. 24 Comments.
this is so lovely 🙂
Malar – small twist but it cameout well
Very appetizing 🙂
Chitra, you gave helathy twist to kebab by adding quinoa:)
Thanks Vidya…it is a new ingredient in the kitchen so experimenting…
This looks really good especially since I have been trying to eat more quinoa – thanks 🙂
So nice to know…Quinoa very tasty and healthy
Looks very good.
Thank you. Nice to meet you
Thank you. ….glad you liked it…..
Yummy twist Chitra!!!
Thanx you shannu. ….:)
That sounds good for a barbecue !
That sounds like a very nice idea….
Love it! I have not tried combining potatoes and quinoa yet.
It was a variation tried and it cameout well..thanks you liked it
Interesting combinations. Nice idea I thought
I tried this recipe and it came out really really well! Thanks so much for your creative recipes! Truly, you rock! 🙂
Thank you Archana for trying out my recipe and your appreciation means a lot…. feel encouraged and blessed…. its a pleasure…. good day… 🙂 🙂
Thank you Quick answer team to link my recipe.. Am honoured..
Pingback: Veg kabab recipe | Quik Answer