Quinoa and potato – Veg Kabab
This recipe combines potato with the wonders of quinoa which makes a unique appetizer. Kabab is just vegetables roasted/ grilled on a skewer; It may be served on plates in sandwiches. Try pairing then with soup/salad.
It makes a great snack/nice side dish to the main meal.
Quinoa is a tiny grain that cooks up like rice and has a mils, nutty flavour and light, fluffy, texture similar to couscous. It is one of the most protein rich food; It contains twice as much fiber as most of the grains; It also contains Iron, Lysine, Magnesium and Manganese
Preparation time: 15mins
Cooking time: 15mins
- Cooked and mashed potato-2num
- Cooked quinoa-1cup
- Grated carrot-1/2cup
- Chopped onion-1num
- Crushed Bread – ½-3/4cup
- Green chilli paste-2tsp
- Garlic paste-1tsp
- Finley Chopped coriander leaves- a handful
- Salt- as per taste
- Cumin seeds-1tsp
- Oil-2tsp+ for brushing
- Heat oil in the non-stick pan; Add cumin seeds, onion, green chilli-garlic paste and saute for a minute.
- Add grated carrot, Quinoa, mashed potatoes and saute for 2-3minutes.
- Add salt crushed bread, coriander and mix well
- Turn off the flame and allow it to cool down completely.
- Use skewers to roll them into long kababs or make bite sized kababs using toothpicks.
- Heat a pan/skillet and cook them on all sides on a hot tava with few drops of oil till golden brown.
Serve hot with tomato sauce/mint chutney/salads.
- Bread can be crushed in the food processor.
- It can be rolled in skewers or just made to patties and cooked.
- This can be baked in the oven just after rolling on skewers place on the lined baking tray and bake at the pre-heated oven for 15-20minutes at 180deg c.
Posted on July 16, 2014, in Appetizers, Indian, International, Starters and tagged Chitras healthy kitchen, drchdiet food, Healthy vegetarian Kabab, Quinoa Kabab, Quinoa recipes, Vegetarian Kabab Healthy. Bookmark the permalink. 24 Comments.