Spicy antep Ezmesi- dip
This dip is tasty, spicy, zingy dip. ‘Ezme’ is a Turkish word that means ‘crushed’, this involves a bit of crushing, smashing up or grinding. This is always going to appeal to us as spicy food addicts. It is a spicy tomato salad dip and in simpler way can say it is a hot salsa dip made with the fresh ingredients.
Serves: 4-5 servings
Preparation time: 15mins
- Big tomatoes-3
- Cucumber-1 medium
- Red/green bel pepper/capsicum-1num
- Olive oil-1tbsp
- Mint-a handful
- Chillies-3-4 (as spice as you prefer)
- Tomato-1small (for puree)
- Salt- as per taste
- Blanch tomatoes and remove the skin, de-seed and chop them as finely as possible.
- Chop cucumber, pepper, onion as finely as possible and add this to chopped tomatoes.
- Combine mint, green chillies, 1 roughly chopped tomato, salt, vinegar, lemon juice in a blender/food processor whizz them to puree and add this to chopped veggies, add olive oil and mix it well.
- You can add more salt, vinegar, oil as per your own taste.
- Put it in the fridge for a while and serve them as a tip for breads or as a part of main meal.
- (I served this with Chinese spring onion pancakes and it was delicious
- You can even use a food processor/mixer to chop veggies instead of chopping fine when in hurry but there may be bit variation in taste.
- You can even chop chillies, mint fine and use tomato puree instead of blending them.
- You can use parsley instead of coriander.