Spicy antep Ezmesi- dip
This dip is tasty, spicy, zingy dip. ‘Ezme’ is a Turkish word that means ‘crushed’, this involves a bit of crushing, smashing up or grinding. This is always going to appeal to us as spicy food addicts. It is a spicy tomato salad dip and in simpler way can say it is a hot salsa dip made with the fresh ingredients.
Serves: 4-5 servings
Preparation time: 15mins
- Big tomatoes-3
- Cucumber-1 medium
- Red/green bel pepper/capsicum-1num
- Olive oil-1tbsp
- Mint-a handful
- Chillies-3-4 (as spice as you prefer)
- Tomato-1small (for puree)
- Salt- as per taste
- Blanch tomatoes and remove the skin, de-seed and chop them as finely as possible.
- Chop cucumber, pepper, onion as finely as possible and add this to chopped tomatoes.
- Combine mint, green chillies, 1 roughly chopped tomato, salt, vinegar, lemon juice in a blender/food processor whizz them to puree and add this to chopped veggies, add olive oil and mix it well.
- You can add more salt, vinegar, oil as per your own taste.
- Put it in the fridge for a while and serve them as a tip for breads or as a part of main meal.
- (I served this with Chinese spring onion pancakes and it was delicious
- You can even use a food processor/mixer to chop veggies instead of chopping fine when in hurry but there may be bit variation in taste.
- You can even chop chillies, mint fine and use tomato puree instead of blending them.
- You can use parsley instead of coriander.
Posted on July 17, 2014, in Dips, Dips, Indian, International and tagged Bachelor recipes, Chitras healthy kitchen, drchdietfood, Spicy Rice accompaniments. Bookmark the permalink. 16 Comments.
no cooking, just the cutting stuff very cool 🙂
Thanks Malar…You like spicy just try this in place of Salsa 🙂
3 chilies??? I can feel the spice already. Sanju’ll love it. I cannot eat this 😦 Do you think I can neglect chili altogether and go with some tiny bit of chili powder?
Charanya – Definately you can try to reduce the spiciness…but you can make chillies one for your hubby 🙂
Thank you…It goes well and can be used as dip for many dishes even for Papads…
This looks delicious! Love all of the fresh vegetables in here. 🙂
Thank you and it was hot as well. So perfect for dips who love spicy
Easy dip, chitra but I wil cut chilli in my preparation 🙂
haa haa…true Chilli is induvidual choice 🙂
:)yes totally agree Chitra
After long time I tried something spicy didn’t feel much though while accompanied with pancakes , my Lil one is totally against to spice so I understand it can personalised as per the taste….
Thank you for sharing these classic dishes, I love Turkish food!
Healthy and so easy to prepare. 🙂
So glad you liked it…Beauty of this recipe is all vegetables with no cooking/baking…But a great dip..
Delicious!! Thanks for sharing. 🙂
Nice you liked it..Thanks for your visit…