Cookies – Whole wheat with Oats blended in Honey (sugar free)
Posted by Chitra Jagadish
These cookies are easy and quick to make.
I used whole wheat and oats for some fiber benefits and cinnamon for flavour, chocolate chips and nuts for crunchiness.
Lab studies have found that honey and cinnamon include its ability to promote a stronger immune system, digestive system, increase the health of the heart, bones, skin, teeth, and hair, as well as stimulate weight loss.
Oats reduce LDL cholesterol while helping to maintain levels of HDL and it is high in fiber.
Making the switch to whole wheat flour will help you reap grains nutritional benefits without sacrificing some foods you love.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Baking time: 10-12 mins
- Whole wheat flour-3/4cup
- Almond butter-1/4cup
- Baking powder-3/4tsp
- Baking soda-1/2tsp
- Ground Cinnamon-1/2tsp
- Vegetable fat/olive oil butter- 2tbsp
- Chocolate chips/chopped almonds-2tbsp
- Pre-heat the oven at 180deg c. line and grease the baking tray set aside.
- Cream together honey, vegetable fat, almond butter in a bowl with hand mixer or with an electric mixer.
- In a separated bowl whisk in wheat flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon, salt. Add these dry Ingredients to the wet mixture and stir to combine, stir in chocolate chips and dry nuts.
- Drop cookies by tablespoon full onto prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12minutes or until the edges just start to turn golden brown. Centres will appear slightly undercooked.
- Allow to cool on cookie sheet for 5-10minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store leftovers (If any J ) in an airtight container.
- You can even add peanut butter instead of almond butter.
About Chitra JagadishMy passion for Cooking & love to explore healthy recipes. This blog is a result from it and am here to share 'Recipes for Healthy living'...Its all about 'FOOD and HEALTH'
Posted on July 21, 2014, in Breakfast, Breakfast, Dessert, Indian, International, Kids recipes, Starters and tagged Chitras healthy kitchen, drchdietfood, Honey cookies, Oats cookies, prakruthi honey, prakruthi honey bangalore, Whole wheat cookies. Bookmark the permalink. 31 Comments.