Protein rich legumes and Avocado with Mango dressing
Tomatoes, avocados and beans create a nutrient-rich salad. They also make salad rich in protein and fiber. Avocados are little high in fat, but it’s mostly healthy, unsaturated fat that lowers cholesterol.
This salad contains dressing of mango, which adds a unique taste to the salad. Make sure to use ripe mango and feel free to experiment with different seasonings and adjust them to your likings.
So enjoy this nutritious salad.
Yields: 5-6 servings
Preparation time: 15mins
- Chopped mango-1cup
- Lemon juice-1tbsp
- Mint leaves-a handful
- Rock salt/black salt-1/2tsp
- Cooked black Chickpeas-1cup
- Cooked soy bean- 1cup
- Cooked peanuts-1/2cup (optional)
- Avocado-1num (peeled pitted and cubed)
- Grape tomatoes sliced in half- 1cup
- Chopped coriander- a handful
- In a blender combine mango, lemon juice, mint, black salt and blend it until completely smooth
- In a large bowl combine black chickpeas, soy beans, tomatoes, avocado, coriander and mix well. Pour mango dressing over this and toss until coated well.
- If Mango is tangy then few spoons of honey can be added
- Any other veggies and legumes can be included as a variation.
This recipe is posted to Fiesta Friday #26
Posted on July 25, 2014, in Dips, International, Soups, Salad and Wraps and tagged Chitras healthy kitchen, drchdietfood, Healthy salad, Protein rich breakfast salad. Bookmark the permalink. 41 Comments.