Avocado minced soya lollipop – Vegan
Another delicious and healthy snack with the Avocado and Soya granules combo. You can indulge in one more without much guilt as these are baked and not deep fried. A combination of protein-packed and fiber rich soya granules and avocado makes this a healthy snack for the weight-watchers menu.
Normally we are used to have sweet lollipop, but here it’s a homemade spicy lollipop. Enjoy this appetizer.
Preparation time: 15minutes
Cooking time: 15minutes
Baking time: 25-30minutes
- Soya granules – ¾ cup
- Ripe Avocado-1num
- Powdered oats-1/3cup (more as per the consistency of dough)
- Minced onion-2tbsp
- Minced green chillies-1/2tsp
- Garlic paste-1/2tsp
- Chopped mint- a handful
- Lime juice-1-2tbsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Oil- for toasting
- Corn flour/Corn starch -2tbsp (dissolved in water)
- Bread crumbs-4tbs
- Bring enough water to boil in a sauce pan and cook soya for 10-15minutes, rinse 2-3times in cold water to get rid raw flavour of soya. Drain water completely and squeeze to remove excess water.
- Take the avocado and slice in half, remove the pit and peel each half, sprinkle some fresh lime juice over each half of avocado slice mash it.
- In a wide bowl combine mashed avocado, minced soya, onion, green chillies, garlic paste, mint, salt.
- In small bowl dissolve corn flour in water and set aside
- Place bread crumbs in a plate and set aside
- Pre-heat the oven at 200deg c, line and grease a baking tray
- Make small balls from this mix and shape them like an ice candy or lollipop inserting a stick into each. Do not worry if it is little sticky.
- If it is sticky roll them in bread crumbs once
- Then dip the candies in corn flour-water mixture and again roll over bread crumb.
- Place these candies on the lined baking tray and bake for 20-25minutes/ until slightly golden, flipping half way
Serve hot with ketchup/ salads.
- It can be deep fried/grilled instead of baking
- Soya chunks can be used instead of granules.
- Grated carrots and peas can also be included.
- Shape of appetizer can be personalized
I am bringing this recipe to VVLP#5; Healthy Vegan Friday #7
Posted on July 28, 2014, in Appetizers, Indian, International, Starters, Vegan and tagged Avacado recipes, Chitras healthy kitchen, drchdietfood, Soya recipes, Spicy lollipops. Bookmark the permalink. 16 Comments.
Yummy Yummy healthy lollipop 🙂 they looks cute as well 🙂
Thanx dear as always for the compliments .. ❤
Aww lollipop:-p:-p that too healthy soya lollipop
Yes Vidya…Keep them away from kids 🙂
Love it Chitra :).
That’s so nice of you Sonal..
Another terrific-looking recipe, Chitra ! Soya granules/chunks, eh ? I must see if I can get them.
It was quite tasty and healthy Margaret..
Usually m not a fan of soya but this looks quite tempting… 😋😋
So nice of Radhika…Soya by itself is tasteless..I started liking it after few trials..Think you’ll do same 🙂
Charu – Hope this recipe meets your expectation….Wait to hear how you like this…
yum yum yumm, Chitra! So tasty looking! I would serve them as burgers! Ooh yes!
Sophie – So nice you liked it…
Great title for this dish… had me intrigued! Great to see this at the VVLP 🙂
Nice to meet you Chava…Happy VVLP