Oats with Mango and Spinach – Snack
In this recipe the tanginess and flavour of mango which makes it more delightful. Adding oats makes this healthy and rich in fiber. Adding Walnuts to it makes this a wholesome breakfast/snack.
Preparation time: 10minutes
Cooking time: 10minutes
- Rolled Oats- 1cup
- Grated green mango-1/4cup
- Roughly chopped spinach-1cup
- Chopped onion-1num
- Salt- as per taste
- Olive oil-2tsp
- Crushed Walnuts – handful
- Dry roast oats for 3-4minutes on a medium high flame and set aside.
- Heat oil in the pan add onion, mango and sauté for 3-4minutes
- Then add spinach, salt and saute until the water content of spinach evaporates (approx. 2-3minutes)
- Add roasted oats mix well and cook until heated through. (if you feel the mixture is too dry sprinkle some water)
- Garnish with walnuts and serve hot.
- If mango is not available handy can use lemon/lime juice instead
Posted on July 29, 2014, in Indian, Starters and tagged Breakfast healthy oats recipes, Chitras healthy kitchen, drchdietfood, Green mango recipes, Healthy breakfast recipes, Non-sweet breakfast, Oats snacks recipes, Tangy breakfast recipes. Bookmark the permalink. 26 Comments.