Spiced cold coffee – Vegan
Simple and easy cold vegan coffee seasoned with warm, comforting spices. Ground coffee is spiced with cinnamon, cardamom and then brewed into a pot and blend with vegan milk and agave nectar for sweet.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10mins
- Vanilla soya milk-2cups
- Agave nectar – as per sweet required
For coffee concentrate:
- Ground coffee bean-6tbsp
- Cardamom pods-2
- Cinnamon stick-1 inch long
Brewing coffee concentrate:
- Combine water, cinnamon stick, cardamom in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Once it comes to boil simmer for 4-5 minutes and turn off the flame.
- Add coffee grind to this water and let it sit until it comes to room temperature.
- (After sitting time you can strain the concentrate and use immediately)
- I usually let it sit in the refrigerator for 12hours and then strain.
For chilled coffee:
- Combine 2cups chilled vanilla soya milk, Agave nectar, chilled coffee concentrate as required blend it until combined well and frothy.
- You can replace vanilla soya milk with regular milk.
- If any particular brewing procedure you follow on a regular
- Honey can be used in place of agave nectar
I am presenting this recipe to VVLP#5