Kulchizza – Spring onion stuffed kulcha pizza (No Bake)
Here the base is the recipe of kulcha which is stuffed with spring onion and topped with cheese, cherry tomatoes and olives /jalapenos.
This Pizza is made on hob. Instead of having just kulcha some pizza topping done and makes it more delicious.
This can be served for lunch/dinner.
Yields: 4 Medium pizza
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
Resting time for dough: 1 ½-2 hours
- Whole wheat flour- 3cups
- Olive oil-2tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Hot water- 11/2 cup or enough to knead the dough
- Finely chopped spring onion greens-1bunch
- Chilli powder-1tsp
- Finely chopped coriander-a handful
- Cumin powder-1tsp
- Salt- 1/4tsp
- Oil for roasting kulchas
Kulcha pizza Topping:
- Pesto sauce-to spread
- Low fat mozzarella cheese-as required
- Olives- 8-10num
- Cherry tomatoes-20num
- Dried herbs-to taste.
- In a bowl combine honey, 1 ½ cup hot water ,oil, salt, sprinkle yeast mix and rest it on the counter for 10-15 minutes/until frothy.
- Then add flour to the yeast mixture and knead into a soft pliable dough adding extra water if required. Wrap it with cling film and let it rest for 1-2 hours in warm place.
- In a bowl combine spring onion greens, chilli, cumin powder, coriander, salt and set aside.
- After resting time of dough transfer it to the floured surface, knead for 5-7 mins and divide to 4 equal portions
- Take one portion and roll it to small disc (3”diameter) place 2-3 teaspoons of filling in the centre and bring the edges together and seal the edges of the disc to make a ball of stuffed dough.
- Now roll this out again to make a 6-7 inch disc. Place rolled kulchas on floured plate and repeat with remaining dough,
- Heat a non-stick pan, reduce to medium heat, place rolled kulcha and let it cook for 2-3 mins one side, ensure not to burn /over cook the kulchas.
- When brown spots begin to appear on the side touching surface of the pan, turn kulcha over other side and while other side is cooking reduce the flame to low.
- Spread the Pesto sauce, Cheese, Cherry tomatoes and Olives.
- Cook until cheese melts approx. (3-4 minutes)
- Once cooked transfer to serving plate sprinkle some dried herbs and serve hot.
- The water should not be boiling hot and it should be just around 110 deg C
- As I used just cherry tomatoes , olives I haven’t roasted them before topping. If topping with some other veggies like onions, bell peppers its better to saute them 3-4 minutes before topping
Posted on July 30, 2014, in Indian, International, Main Course, Main dish and tagged Bake free Pizza recipes, Chitras healthy kitchen, drchdietfood, Healthy Veggie Kulchizza, No Bake Pizza recipes, No Oven Pizza recipes, Oven free Pizza baking, Pizzas on hob, Stove top Pizzas, whole wheat flour Kulchizza. Bookmark the permalink. 59 Comments.