Chocomosas Or Chocolate samosas – Baked
This recipe is for choclate lovers 🙂
It is a healthy combination made from whole wheat flour, dark choclate (72% cocoa), full of nuts and Baked..
Chocomosa is a chocolate filled samosa with the subtle spice blend of cinamon and clove. They deliciously melt in your mouth with the crunchy nutty bite.
This can be served for snacks or served as a dessert in parties with ice cream.
Yields: 10-12 samosas
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Baking time: 10 minutes
- Samosas sheets/filo pastry sheets- 10- 12 (I used home made whole wheat sheets made on Tava like a Pancakes (Recipe link)
- Sunflower spread- for brushing samosas
- Dark cooking chocolate-100 gms
- Peanut butter-2 tbsp
- Crushed nuts-2 tbsp
- Ground clove-1/4 tsp
- Ground cinnamon-1/2 tsp
For sealing the edges:
- Add 1 tbsp of flour with 2-3 tbsp water mix well/ use melted butter.
To make filling:
- Melt chocolate in a microwave/double boiler.
- Add crushed nuts, peanut butter, ground clove, cinnamon mix together and set aside.
To make the samosa casing:
- Take 1 sheet of filo pastry and cut into two equal strips.
- Brush each thin strip evenly with melted butter and place one sheet on the other (2 layers of filo pastry sandwiched by a thin coating of butter)
- Fold the rectangle across itself to form triangle by sealing the edges with the flour mixture and ensuring there are no any holes.
- Once triangle shape is obtained fill 1-2 tsp of chocolate filling and seal the edges of the triangle.
- Repeat the same with other sheets.
- Pre-heat the oven at 180 deg c , line the baking tray and place each samosas on the lined tray.
- Brush some butter on each samosas and bake for 8-10 minutes, turn once half way through cooking.
Serve hot with ice cream.
- I used homemade filo pastry (Recipe link) made of Whole wheat however you can use store bought one.
- The sandwiching of filo sheets helps to prevent the chocolate from oozing out while baking.
- Nuts can be skipped if allergic and can be replaced with desiccated coconut
- You can even deep fry the samosas.
- Once it cools down can store in an air tight container and re-heated; but it tastes best when served fresh
I am posting this recipe to Angie’s Fiesta Friday.
Posted on August 14, 2014, in Appetizers, Indian, International, Kids recipes, Starters and tagged Baked Sweet samosas, Chitras healthy kitchen, Choclate Samosas, Chocomosas, drchdietfood. Bookmark the permalink. 61 Comments.