Bread pizza cups
Bread pizza cups are an easy and delicious snack where bread slices are mould to a cup shape in the muffin tray and topped with favourite toppings.
This can be served for the breakfast/ for evening snack with a cup of coffee/tea.
Preparation time: 10minutes
Baking time: 10minutes
- Brown bread/white bread – 6 slices
- Oil- for brushing
- Finely chopped capsicum-1/4cup
- Finely chopped tomatoes-1/4cup
- Finely chopped onion-1/4cup
- Pizza sauce- 2-3tbsp (as required)
- Low fat mozzarella cheese- as required
- Salt- to taste
- Pre-heat the oven at 180deg c, coat a muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a bowl combine tomatoes, capsicum, onion, salt mix well and set aside.
- Cut the crust of the bread slices and use a rolling pin to flatten out each slice individually and press the flattened bread into the tins, spread some sauce and scoop the mixture , sprinkle some cheese into each bread cups and bake it for 8-10minutes/ until the crust is slightly golden colour .
- Allow it to cool a bit before unmoulding.
Serve warm with ketchup.
- Tomato ketchup can be used instead of pizza sauce.
- Cherry tomatoes, jalapenos or any vegetables of choice can be used as a variation
Posted on August 16, 2014, in Appetizers, Breakfast, Indian, International, Kids recipes, Starters and tagged Bread recipes, Chitras healthy kitchen, drchdietfood, Pizza cups recipes, Pizza from bread, Pizza recipes. Bookmark the permalink. 26 Comments.