Fruit and nuts yogurt salad/raita/dip
The simplicity of fresh fruit, dry nuts with plain yogurt makes so refreshing on a hot summer day. More than the salad this can be a great accompaniment and this makes a great snack that you can dig in whenever you crave for some healthy dessert.
Serving nuts with yogurt and fruits adds fat to your diet to help you feel satisfied. Nuts contain healthy unsaturated fat as well as omega-3 fatty acids, which fight cardiovascular disease. Eating nuts also helps with weight management and combats type 2 diabetes. Walnuts are a particularly rich source of omega-3 fatty acids while almonds provide fiber
Preparation time: 10-15minutes
- Beaten greek yogurt-1cup
- Chopped Mixed fresh fruit of your choice-1cup
- Roasted and sliced mixed nuts of your choice-2tbsp
- Red chilli powder-1/4tsp
- Roasted cumin powder-1/4tsp
- Roasted and ground flaxseed-1tbsp
- Black salt/rock salt-1/4tsp
- Dates syrup/honey-1/2tsp
- (I used banana, apple, pear, pineapple, peaches, kiwi fruits
- (Pistachio, almonds, walnuts, for nuts)
- Combine beaten yogurt, black salt, cumin powder, chilli powder, dates syrup/honey in a bowl.
- Add fruits and nuts mix well, refrigerate and serve chill.
- Black salt can be replaced with table salt.
Posted on August 17, 2014, in Dips, Dips, Indian, International, Soups, Salad and Wraps and tagged Chitras healthy kitchen, drchdietfood, Fruit and nut raita, Healthy dip. Bookmark the permalink. 26 Comments.