Green peas-shahi red rice pulao
Green peas pulao is a simplest one pot meal. Delicious pulao with very less ingredients without chillies. It is just peas blended with the spice of shahi jeera, clove and red rice used to make it fibrous and nutritious.
Red rice that has not been through the process of grinding or flaking skin completely so the layer of skin that surrounds the grain still exists. This is the layer which is rich in nutrients and fiber.
Green peas are rich source of antioxidants and add fresh flavour and hearty texture to the dishes.
This rice can be enjoyed far breakfast or for lunch with goes very well with gravies.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins (excluding cooking time of rice)
- Red rice-1cup
- Frozen peas- 1cup
- Shahi jeera/caraway seeds-2tsp
- Bay leaf-1
- Olive oil butter-2tbsp
- Salt-as per taste
- Wash and soak red rice for 20-30mins. drain
- Boil enough water (about 4-5cups) in a saucepan add drained rice and cook for 12-15mins.
- Once cooked drain and let it cool completely.
For cumin pulao:
- Heat butter in a pan add cumin seeds as it splutters add clove, bay leaf saute for few seconds.
- Add peas , salt and saute until the peas are well cooked.
- Then add cooked rice and mix well.
- Can replace shahi jeera with regular cumin seeds..
- You can use white rice/any rice instead of red rice.
- The red rice which I used took 13-15mins to cook after soaking but the time varies on the type of rice used