Tapioca and Peach praline – Pudding
Make the best peach tapioca with this easy recipe. Peach tapioca pudding recipe desserts with small pearl tapioca cooked in coconut milk and topped with fresh peach praline makes a lovely and delicious dessert. This can be even enjoyed as a brunch or breakfast as well
Can adjust the sweetness as per the sweet tooth and serve with any kind of fresh fruit/praline.
Preparation time: 10minutes
Waiting time: 1hour
Cooking time: 20minutes
For tapioca pudding:
- Tapioca/ sabudana-1/4cup
- Unsweetened Coconut milk-1can
- Agave nectar-2-3tbsp (or more as per the sweet tooth)
- Cardamom powder-1/4tsp
- Vanilla essence-1tsp
For peach Praline:
- Peeled and chopped peach-4-5
- Corn starch/corn flour-1tbsp
- Agave nectar-2-3tbsp
- Vanilla bean-1tsp
For peach praline:
- Dissolve corn starch in 2-3tablespoon of water and set aside.
- Combine peaches, 1/2cup water with agave nectar in a sauce pan and simmer for 8-10minutes
- Now add corn starch mixture, vanilla essence and simmer for 2-3minutes or until it thickens a bit.
- As the mixture thickens turn off the flame and allow it to cool completely and if you don’t like the fruit bits mash it using fork or leave the pieces whole as you prefer
For tapioca pudding:
- Rinse and soak tapioca with 1cup warm water for 30minutes-1hour so the grains swell.
- Drain thoroughly after 1hour and keep aside.
- Bring coconut milk to boil in a saucepan, add drained tapioca and simmer for 10-12minutes/until the tapioca turns transparent. Keep stirring so that the pudding does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Let the pudding cool completely at room temperature or in the refrigerator until ready to use.( it thicken as it cools)
Serve warm or cold.
- Serve either by layering or by blending both pudding and praline together as per the taste and preference.
- Heavy cream/regular milk can be used alternatively
- Any fresh fruit praline can be used as a topping
I am bringing this recipe to Angie’s FF#30
Posted on August 23, 2014, in Dessert, Indian, International, Sweets, Vegan and tagged Chitras healthy kitchen, drchdietfood, Vegan dessert, Vegan healthy recipes, Vegan pudding recipes. Bookmark the permalink. 53 Comments.