Baked puris for Indian Masala chaats/snacks
The puri’s are used in snacks/chaat in India which are usually deep fried. The baked puris are low calorie option to enjoy all time favourite snacks like Masala puri. (Click the link for the recipe)
They are crispier and can be used by its own as crackers.
Yields: 30 puris
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 10 – 12 minutes
- Whole wheat flour- ¾ cup
- Olive oil butter- 2-3 tbsp
- Carom seeds-1 tsp
- Chilli powder-1/2 tsp
- Salt-1/4 tsp
- Baking soda- pinch
- Combine flour, salt, baking powder, carom seeds, chilli powder mix well and add melted olive oil butter and mix to form crumbs.
- Then add little water at a time until the stiff dough is formed. Cover and set aside for 20-30 minutes.
- After resting time knead the dough and make a medium sized ball from the dough and roll it thin into a large circle
- With the 2 inch circle cookie cutter cut out the discs from the rolled dough. (or you can even make small equal sized dough balls and roll individually)
- Repeat until all the dough is rolled and cut with cutter
- Pre-heat the oven at 200 deg c (fan assisted), grease and line the baking tray.
- Place in on a lined baking tray and bake for 10-12 minutes ,flipping half way.
- Once done cool and store in an airtight container and use as required.
- Feel free to replace plain flour in place of wheat flour