Papaya Peach and Lime Sorbet – Vegan
This refreshing sorbet makes an elegant end to a summer meal. Scoops of papaya-peach sorbet and a zingy dose of freshly squeezed lime juice is packed with antioxidants.
Sorbet is the quintessential summer dessert: low in fat, icy, and refreshing, with a fresh fruit base instead of the heavier dairy of ice cream. And for this fabulous tropical-inspired recipe, you don’t even need an ice-cream maker!
Sorbet is a frozen confection similar to ice cream, but made without any dairy products. Instead, the dessert is made with sweet syrup made of sugar and water and flavoured with fruit juice or puree. The same method used to make ice cream is used to make sorbet. The syrup and fruit churns in a refrigerated machine that mixes air into the ingredients and forms fine ice crystals to make the sorbet smooth.
Preparation time: 15minutes
Waiting time: 6 – 8 hrs
- Papaya- 3cups/2medium sized (peeled, halved, deseeded and chopped)
- Peach-4num (peeled, deseeded, chopped)
- Agave nectar-1/4cup
- Coconut milk-1/4cup
- Lime juice-2-3tbsp
- Lime zest-2tsp
- Line a large baking tray with parchment/wax paper, arrange diced papaya and peach in a single layer and freeze overnight.
- Then transfer frozen papaya, peach, honey, coconut milk, lime juice and zest in the food processor/blender and pulse until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides and stir as necessary.
- Transfer the sorbet to the serving bowl and serve immediately or freeze until ready to use.
I am bringing this to Annie’s VVLP#9