Mint cashew pesto
This is a delicious savoury mint pesto with cahews! I love this pesto! It is so perfect for a summer sandwich/salads/pasta.
The mint adds a hint of freshness to this pesto.
This really goes for any dish. Feel free to add a bit more olive oil if the pesto is too dry or more salt and pepper if needed. I made our favorite pasta (spinach pasta) and tossed together the pasta, pesto and some reserved cooking water. I topped the pasta with a sprinkle of mozerella cheese. It was divine. Simple and delicious.
Preparation time-10 minutesIngredients:
- Fresh mint leaves-2cups
- Garlic clove-2
- Olive oil-2tbsp
- Green chilli-1 (or use red pepper flakes if you feel chillies make pesto hot)
- Salt-to taste
- Lemon juice -2-3tbsp (as per the taste)
- To make the mint softer and easier to process blanch it first.
- Keep a bowl of cold water with some ice cubes in ready
- Bring a pot of water to boil, once the water is boiling place the mint in it.
- Keep the mint in hot water for about 45sec-1minute, no longer.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer the mint to the bowl of cold water to stop the cooking process. Then place mint into a colander and squeeze it to remove excess liquid.
- After squeezing excess water place mint and rest of the ingredients in the blender/food processor and blend until smooth.
Serve over pasta with bread, vegetable or in quiche.