Honey custard tarts (Eggless)
Individual custard tarts served with fresh fruit / concoction are the essence of simplicity after a rich meal. Light and delicate yet flavourful these tarts make a lovely presentation. Mini tarts are the pretty and delicious with fresh fruit layered on top of a cool, creamy, custard cream all encased in one.
Enjoy these little fluffy beauties which are eggless too..
Yields: 6 tarts
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 15 minutes
- Single cream-200ml
- Honey-2-3tbsp (add extra if required)
- Vanilla essence-2tsp
- Corn starch/corn flour-2tbsp
- Frozen Whole wheat paratha – 3num (thawed)
- Pre-heat the oven at 180deg, grease the muffin tray and set aside.
- Cut the thawed frozen paratha 10cm round cutter and push gently into 6 muffin pans.
- Prick bases all over with fork and place in the fridge while working on custard.
- Mix corn flour to a smooth mixture with little of the milk.
- Put cream, honey into a sauce pan and bring just to the boil.
- Add vanilla essence, corn flour mixture reduce the flame to very low boil until mixture thickens stirring continuously (make sure not to increase the flame and continuous stirring to prevent the burning of mixture)
- Once thickens turn off the flame and allow it to cool completely.
- Spoon mixture evenly into pastry cases and bake for about 12-15minutes or until custard is slightly browned.
- Cool at room temperature or refrigerate until set.
- Top with your favourite toppings (I used fresh berry concoction)
Serve hot or cold as per taste
- As I haven’t used any eggs tried to use single cream and corn flour as a thickening agent
- If the custard is not set after baking it will thicken as you cool it/refrigerate it
I am bringing this recipe to Angie’s Fiesta Friday #35