Zucchini pizza boat
Stuffed zucchini pizzas are incredibly addictive, healthy, nutritious pizza. Here I added just the flesh of zucchini and cherry tomatoes and topped with very less low fat mozzarella cheese and herbs. Usually Stuffed zucchini are filled with vegetables and bread crumbs.
Zucchini has a tender texture with a slightly sweet flavour and, at just 21 calories per cup, it makes a welcome addition to a calorie-controlled diet. Zucchini boasts a rich nutritional profile, and it offers health benefits thanks to its phytonutrients, mineral and vitamin content.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 15-20 minutes
- Tomato pizza sauce-1/2cup
- Italian seasoning-1tsp
- Sliced olive-5-6num
- Cherry tomato-10num
- Low fat mozzarella cheese-100gms
- Salt-as per taste
- Oil-for brushing
- Pre-heat the oven at 200deg c, line the baking tray and set aside.
- Wash zucchini well remove any grit. Slice it lengthwise and using a spoon, scoop out the flesh from centre. Leave about some space around the edges. (save the scooped our zucchini flesh in a bowl
- Chop zucchini flesh to small pieces –to this add tomato sauce, salt, herbs and give it a mix.
- Brush the zucchini with oil and place zucchini on the lined baking tray.
- Refill the zucchini halves with the prepared mixture. Top with cherry tomatoes, mozerella cheese and olives.
- Place in the oven and bake approximately 20minutes or until the zucchinis are soft and tender.
- Sprinkle some herbs, ground pepper and serve.
- The longer the zucchini baked the softer they will be so if you like firmer zucchini, bake for shorter amount of time.
- Stuffing can be personalised by adding corn or any other vegetables of choice.
- Can use regular tomato puree instead of pizza sauce.