Beet muesli cake – Vegan
In this recipe have used a unique combination of Muesli free from nuts (Oats, Barley, Rye flakes & Wheat flakes) with beet. Using Agave nectar makes this cake Vegan friendly too. Using Pear sauce and Museli are the variations tried in this cake.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 30- 35 minutes
- Powdered muesli-3/4cup
- Cocoa powder-1/4cup
- Baking powder-3/4tsp
- Salt -1/4tsp
- Beet puree-1cup
- Agave nectar-1/3 cup
- Unsweetened pear sauce-1/4cup
- Olive spread-2tbsp
- Vanilla extract-2tsp
- Chopped pecan nuts-1/2cup (optional) (alternatively walnut or any nuts can be used)
- Pre-heat the oven at 180deg. Grease and line the cake tin/pan and keep aside.
- Combine powdered muesli, baking powder, salt, cocoa powder in a bowl mix well, add in chopped walnuts toss and keep aside.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler/ in a microwave.
- Stir in melted chocolate to the beet puree, Agave nectar, olive spread, vanilla essence, pear sauce and whisk well until combined and smooth.
- Stir in the flour- walnut mixture and mix slowly using a wooden spoon.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30-35minutes/ until the tooth pick inserted comes out clear.
- Cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.
- I used homemade beetroot puree and pear sauce.
- For beet puree-finely chop beets, steam and blend to puree (approx. 2medium beets)
- For Pear sauce – Peel, dice and deseed and cook them in boiling water until tender and soft. Allow it to cool down and then blend it in a food processor.
- Oats powder/oats flour can also be used alternatively
- Muesli I used here doesn’t contain any nuts/fruits-it is a mixture of oats, rye flakes, bran flakes and wheat flakes.
- Vegetable oil/fat or butter can be used alternatively to olive spread.
- Agave nectar can be added as per sweet tooth
- Honey can also be used instead of Agave nectar