Tomato and cucumber Chaat/Salad with spiced hung Curd
This is a refreshing, simple low calorie summer salad which is juicy and tasty. Tomato and cucumbers are thinly sliced and spread with yogurt spread or can be personalised with your favourite spread and topped with herbs.
Both cucumbers and tomatoes are at their prime in the summer season as they are water rich and cooling vegetables.
Simple salad and delicious to eat with fantastic health benefits. The combination of tomatoes, cucumbers, onion combined contain anti-cancer benefits, anti-inflammatory, immune health, cardiovascular health benefits.
Yields: 10 servings
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Waiting time: 3-4 hours (for hung curd)
- Tomato slices-10
- Cucumber slices-10num
- Chopped mint/coriander- a handful
Hung curd dip:
- Greek hung curd-200ml (Take 300ml of Greek yogurt and place it in a muslin cloth and hung it over the sink so that the whey dribbles away. This can take 2-3hours /more depending on the moisture of the yogurt)
- Finely chopped onion-2tbsp
- Finely chopped capsicum-2tbsp
- Chopped fresh mint and coriander-a handful
- Salt- as per taste (or you can skip)
- Garlic powder-1/2tsp
- Finely chopped jalapeno peppers- as desired
- In a bowl add hung curd, capsicum, cucumber, onions, jalapeno peppers, Salt (if required) mix well.
- Now place cucumber and tomato slices in the serving plate, spread yogurt mixture evenly.
- Garnish with mint leaves, capsicum and serve immediately.
- This yogurt spread can also be used as a topping on crackers and served
- Usually hung curd will become 2/3 of Yogurt quanatity. But this changes proportion varies based on the thickness of Yogurt.
For low fat yogurt it takes 3-4 hours to get Hung card. But this time varies based on thickness of yogur