Pasta in asian style peanut and sesame sauce
This is an Asian inspired pasta dish which had nutty peanut and sesame taste. You can adopt the spice and veggies as per the taste and preference. This pasta can be served hot or cold.
Sesame seeds add a nutty taste and a delicate, almost invisible, crunch to many Asian dishes.
Enjoy this pasta for breakfast or lunch/dinner. I served this with tofu-kale dumplings (link)
Peanuts are tasty way to add the protein, nutrients to the weekly diet.
Sesame seeds an excellent source of nutrients and dietary fiber. They have a special substance which helps in cholesterol-lowering effect in humans, and to prevent high blood pressure.
Serves: 3-4 servings
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Whole wheat pasta- 500gms
- Olive oil-1tbsp
- Chopped bell peppers-1 medium
- Chopped onion-1 medium
- Sliced mushrooms-8-10
- Salt- to taste
For the sauce:
- Peanut -1/2cup
- Chopped onion-1medium
- Coriander seeds-1tsp
- Cumin seeds-1tsp
- Sesame seeds-2tbsp
- Black pepper corns-6
- Green chilli – 2
- Sliced green onions
- Roasted sesame seeds
- Bring a big pot of salted water to boil, then add pasta and cook until al dente (it should be slightly chewy) then drain pasta.
- Dry roast peanuts, sesame seeds, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, black pepper corns and allow it to cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled place the roasted ingredients in the food processor/blender along with onion and Green chilli.
- Blend it to smooth by adding some water if required while blending.
- Heat oil in a sauce pan add in onion, bell peppers/capsicum, mushrooms and cook until tender for about 4-5 minutes.
- Then add in ground pasta mix well and allow it to cook on a medium-low flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup water, salt and simmer until the sauce slightly thickens.
- Add cooked and drained pasta mix well and simmer until heated through and pasta is well coated in gravy.
- Turn off the flame, transfer to the serving plate, garnish with green onions, sesame seeds and serve immediately.
- This is a dry version can add any cream or cheese for a creamy version
- Feel free to add spice if desired
I am bringing this recipe to Annie’s VVLP#14
Posted on October 1, 2014, in Dips, Dips, Indian, International, Vegan and tagged asian pasta recipe, Chitras healthy kitchen, drchdietfood, Italian recipes, Vegan Pasta recipes; Indo-Italian recipes. Bookmark the permalink. 20 Comments.