Asparagus-mushroom with orange vinaigrette dressing
This salad is great as a side dish. Topper for a salad or a cold salad on its own. Orange and Vinaigrette gives a strong citrus flavour with sweet and tangy taste.
Asparagus has an abundance of an amino acid called asparagine, that helps to cleanse the body of waste material. It is one of those few vegetables that with calcium and magnesium in the ideal ratio of 2:1.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Fresh Orange juice with pulp-2 small/1 large juiced.
- Balsamic vinegar-2tbsp
- Salt-to taste
- Ground black pepper-to taste
- Olive oil-1tbsp (Optional)
- Mushrooms-10 (wipe cleaned and sliced)
- Cherry tomatoes-10 (cut to half)
- Olive oil-2tsp
- Combine all the ingredients mentioned in a blender/food processor and process until blended.
- Cover and refrigerate until used.
- Trim off the tough ends of asparagus, cut each stalk diagonally into 4pieces.
- In saucepan of boiling water blanch asparagus until tender crisp about 4-5minutes, drain well.
- In a wok or large skillet, heat oil over medium-heat, add steamed asparagus, mushrooms and stir fry until mushrooms are wilted and asparagus is tender (about 5-8minutes).
Combine asparagus, mushrooms in a bowl and add halved tomatoes, toss with enough of the dressing.