Tortilla Canapé are the perfect party finger food and are great appetizers that your guests will love! Canapé are spectacular when served with creative fillings. I tried filling them with fresh Cherry tomatoes, Bell pepper, Jalapenos and Onion with Geek yogurt topping.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Tortilla chips-20-25 (link)
- Chopped tomatoes-1/2cup
- Chopped red onion-1/2medium
- Chopped bell peppers/capsicum-1/2medium
- Jalapeno-1/2 (seeded and chopped)
- Olive oil-1tablespoon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lime juice-as per taste
- Thick low fat Greek yogurt/sour cream- for topping
- Pre-heat the oven at 180deg, line the baking tray and set aside.
- Arrange the tortilla chips on the lined baking tray and warm for 4-5minutes
- Combine cherry tomatoes, onion, bell peppers, jalopenos, in a bowl and drizzle salt, ground black pepper, olive oil, lime juice and give it a toss until combined.
- Make this salsa ahead and Refrigerate for 1-2 hours .
- When ready to serve, top it up with salsa and enjoy.
- Any combination of veggies/beans can be included as a variation.
- I used homemade tortillas even store bought one can be used
I am bringing this recipe to Angie’s Fiesta Friday #37