Baked sweet potato: (zero oil)
A simple and healthy wedges make a great alternative to potato, which are packed with vitamins and dietary fiber. These are healthy and tasty alternative to regular chips. I tried to bake it without any oil to make it low cal but however feel free to include if desired. These wedges are kids-friendly and adjust spices as per taste.
I served this with Chive garlic dip (Recipe link)
Sweet potatoes one of the healthiest vegetables we eat. A medium sized sweet potato contains more than your daily requirement of vitamin A, nearly a third the vitamin C you need, almost 15 percent of your daily dietary fiber intake and 10 percent of the necessary potassium.
Sweet potatoes have low glycemic index so helps to control glucose level in diabetics.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Baking time: 30 minutes
- Sweet potato-3-4 (scrubbed and sliced lengthwise into quarters)
- Chat masala-1/2tsp
- Pre-heat the oven at 200deg C, line the baking tray with parchment paper/baking sheet.
- Place the sweet potato wedges on the prepared baking tray, sprinkle some chaat masala, paprika (if desired can drizzle some oil as well)
- Bake for 25-30minutes. (time may vary from oven to oven so keep an eye and bake until tender and crispy)
Serve with soured cream.
- Spices can be personalised as per the taste.