Bruschetta on Pineapple sauce
Bruschetta is an Italian appetizer recipe made toasted crusty bread with your favourite toppings. Here I used tomato, bell peppers, onion and sweet ripe pineapple as toppings. Using pineapple juice as a spread makes the bread tangy and sweet with its flavour.
I used homemade sourdough bread (Recipe link), alternatively any bread can be used.
Enjoy this Italian bread
Yields: 8-10 servings
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 5 minutes
- Bruschetta-10slices (recipe link)
- Chopped fresh pineapple-1cup (canned pineapple can be used alternatively)
- Chopped tomatoes-2medium
- Chopped bell pepper/capsicum-1medium
- Chopped onions-1medium
- Salt- to taste
- Ground black pepper-to taste
- Balsamic vinegar-2tbsp-3tbsp (or as per taste)
- Low-fat grated cheese-for topping
I used pineapple juice to spread on the bread (Alternatively any sauce can be used)
- In a large bowl, mix onion, tomatoes, pine apple, bell peppers/capsicum using a large metal spoon and taking care not the mash any tomatoes/veggies.
- Add in salt, pepper, balsamic vinegar– mix well. (better to prepare this ahead and refrigerate 1-2hours before serving- as this allow the flavours to soak and blend together)
- Slice the baguette loaf diagonally, into thick slices and spread pinapple juice (or any sauce of choice) , top it up with topping mixture, cheese.
- Pre-heat the oven at 200deg c, line the baking tray.
- Arrange the topped bruschetta slices and bake for 4-5minutes/until cheese melts.
- Make bread at home using brown bread flour and a whole wheat flour (Recipe – Click here)
- Toppings can be altered as per the taste.
- This can be relished even without toasting.