Spring rolls filled with veg noodles
Have you ever tried to seal noodles in a pocket, this is an exciting blend noodles, vegetables and sauces sealed in the wrapper and baked until crisp. Baked to make it healthier and low-fat. However it can be deep-fried if calorie is not a concern. This is a delicious and crunchy without deep frying.
This can be enjoyed for evening snacks and makes a good party appetizer.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 15 minutes
- Boiled noodles-1/2cup
- Finely shredded Cabbage-1cup
- Julienned carrots-1medium
- Spring onion white-1/2cup
- Spring onion greens-1/4cup
- Julienned bell peppers/capsicum-1medium
- Chilli sauce-1tsp
- Soy sauce—2tsp
- Salt-to taste
- Spring roll sheets-12 (recipe link)
- plain flour-3tbsp
- oil-for brushing
- Heat oil in a wok over high flame, add in spring onion whites, carrots, bell peppers/capsicum and stir fry for 3-4minutes over high flame.
- Add in noodles, cabbage, chilli sauce, soy sauce, salt and cook for 2-3minutes more. Once heated through and veggies are tender turn off the flame, stir in spring onion greens and allow it to cool completely.
For spring rolls:
- For sticking rolls mix plain flour in water to make a thick paste and keep aside.
- Pre-heat the oven at 200deg C. line the baking tray with parchment sheet and set aside.
- Take one spring roll sheet and spread the paste on the sides. Now take a generous amount of noodles mixture and put it on one end of the sheet.
- Roll the spring roll sheet tightly, sealing the ends securely with flour paste.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make more rolls and arrange it on the lined baking tray.
- Lightly spray with oil and bake for 12-15minutes/until slightly golden and crispy.
- Serve hot with sweet and chilli sauce/ketchup.
- I used homemade spring roll sheets, super market phyllo/filo sheets/spring roll sheets can also be used.
- Fillings can be personalised as per the taste.