Oats and Whole wheat – Flower pizza : A Guest post for Jayeeta of Cooking delight
Jayeeta blogs @ cooking delight , is a treasure one stop recipes blog for all cuisines. Though she is a Bengali gal but her passion is towards all cuisines…To name few of her impressive recipes like Bakalava a Turkish cuisine dessert and Rasgulla, a famous Bengali dessert. This shows her multi-cuisine skills.
It came as a surprise when Jayeeta approached me to make a guest post. I love pizza and hence thought would share my love with her thru baking it in a unique way possible.
This October month is very special very I got to celebrate my daughter’s birthday as well my father-in-law birthday and dedicated a sweet of his choice. In continuation here is my first guest post and am honoured to make this for my blogger friend Jay.
Please take your time to visit her blog and share your love. Link to my guest post @ Jayeeta’s space Oats and Whole wheat flower pizza.
About this recipe:
This recipe is similar to a pizza but the shaping and twisting is been made to resemble like a flower petal. Using wheat and Oats makes challenging to handle the dough.
Flower shaped bread is a simple Italian bread where I tried to convert it to pizza using pizza sauce and can be topped with your favourite toppings. It is a simple dough with the blend of whole wheat flour and powdered oats with olive oil that with couple of cuts and twists presents as a flower shaped bread.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 18-20 minutes
Waiting time: 1½-2hours
- Wheat flour-1 1/2cup
- Powdered oats-1/2cup
- hot water-1cup
- Extra virgin olive oil-2tbsp
- Salt- 1/2tsp
- Pizza sauce-to spread (recipe link)
- Sliced jalapenos
- Cherry tomatoes(cut to half)
- Low fat mozzarella cheese-30-50gms
- Italian herbs-to drizzle
- In a bowl combine yeast, honey, 1/4cup hot water and let it sit on the counter for 5-10minutes.
- Sieve wheat flour, powdered oats in a mixing bowl, add in salt, oil mix well to form crumbs.
- Then add in yeast mixture and hot water little at a time to form a dough.
- Knead the dough for 5-7minutes and then transfer into a greased bowl, cover and let it rest until doubles.
- Pre-heat the oven at 200deg C, grease the pizza tray and keep aside.
- Once the dough doubles, transfer to the floured surface and roll it out to a circle.
- Place a cup on its middle to separate it from the petals.
- Brush some olive oil on the remaining part of the dough apart from bowl surface and spread some pizza sauce
- Using a sharp knife cut it in equal portions (divide in quarters and then each quarter in four pieces)
- Twist two times each petal
- Uncover the middle portion and Brush with olive oil and spread sauce.
- Bake for 14-15minutes. Then pull the bread out from the oven spread some cheese, top it with olives and cherry tomatoes at the centre circle and place back the tray into the oven and bake for 4-5 minutes more/until the cheese melts.
Serve with sauce.
- Topping can be personalised as per the choice.
- Plain flour can be used in place of wheat and oats
- Oats makes dough brittle so please take extra effort while twisting the pizza