Rava bonda/Savoury semolina dumplings – Baked
These are quick to make Appetizers. Here have used Semolina and Gramflour with chopped Onion and Coriander. These dumplings are hearty and healthy. Leftover Dosa/Idli batter can also be used but please ensure the mixture should be easy to scoop. Soimilar to the soft cookie dough consistency. If your batter becomes watery you can use muffin trays.
Preparation time-10 minutes
Baking time-20-25 minutes
- Gram flour-1/2cup
- Chopped Onion – 1 medium
- Minced giner – 1 tbsp
- Baking soda-a generous pinch
- Chopped green chillies-3
- Coconut flakes-2tbsp
- chopped curry leaves-6-8
- chopped coriander leaves-2tbsp
- salt-to taste
- oil-for toasting
- Pre-heat the oven at 200deg C. line the baking tray, grease some oil and set aside.
- Combine Semolina, baking soda, salt, curry leaves, chillies, coconut falkes, coriander mix well and stir in yogurt and add in water if required and mix till it forms a soft sticky dough consistency.
- Divide the dough in equal portions on a prepared baking tray and bake for 20-25minutes/until golden in colour.
Once baked serve with ketchup/green chutney.
- Serve it immediately as it cools down it tends to harden a bit.
- The mix should be dropping dough consistency so that it can form a shape or if it became slight liquidly use muffin tray to bake.