Apples stuffed with Prunes, Cranberries, Pumpkin seeds and Walnuts – Baked
This is a delicious recipe where your sweet craving can be enjoyed with natural sweeteners. This dairy free dessert can be enjoyed guilt free.
I used prunes, pumpkin seeds, cranberries, walnuts as the stuffing for our baked apples as it provides a wonderful contrasting crunch, sweet and tangy taste to the soft apple. You could also use rolled oats, or skip it altogether and instead increase the dried fruit and nuts. It’s your call!
Preparation time-15 minutes
Baking time-40-45 minutes
- Gala apples-6
- Dried prunes-6-8(finely chopped)
- Pumpkin seeds-1/4cup
- Roughly chopped walnuts-6-8
- Lemon juice-2-3tbsp
- Any spread-2tbsp
- Pre-heat the oven at 180deg C.
- Wash, slice off top of the apples and scoop out cores, leaving a well.
- In a bowl mix cranberries, prunes, walnuts, pumpkin seeds together and set aside.
- Stuff each apple with the prunes mixture and place in a deep baking dish.
- Top each apple with a blob of spread, drizzle some lemon juice (alternatively butter can be used).
- Put the dish in the pre-heated oven and bake for 25-30minutes/until apples are tender.
Serve with a dallop of vanilla ice-cream
- Baking time may vary from oven to oven so keep an eye and bake until apples are tender and cooked.
- Haven’t used any sweetner here, feel free to add sugar or honey if desired.
- Stuffing can be personalised as per the taste.
Posted on November 1, 2014, in Breakfast, Dessert, Indian, International, Kids recipes, Sweets, Vegan and tagged Chitras healthy kitchen, drchdietfood, Vegan dessert recipes. Bookmark the permalink. 34 Comments.