50:50 Margherita mini pizza
On the occasion of Childers day in India have tried this kid recipe. This is my first pizza with plain flour and wheat flour. This pizza is light with just cheese, tomato, basil toppings on the thick base. Pizza base can be made completely using wheat flour (recipe link) and toppings can be customised.
So try this kids mini pizza recipe
- Yields- 3 small Pizzas
- Preparation time-15 minutes
- Baking time-15-20 minutes
- Resting time-1 ½-2 hours
- Whole wheat flour-1cup
- Plain flour-1cup
- Garlic powder-1tbsp
- Salt- to taste
- Hot water-3/4-1 cup (or as required to for the dough)
- Olive oil-2tbsp
- Tomato puree-1/2cup
- Crushed garlic-2cloves
- Ground black pepper, salt-to taste
- Dried Italian herbs-1/2tsp
- Grated mozzarella cheese
- Basil leaves-a handful
- Chopped tomatoes-1medium
- Olive oil-to brush the base
- Salt- to taste
- Combine honey, 3/4cup hot water, yeast in a bowl and let it stand for 5-10minutes/until frothy.
- Sieve wheat flour, plain flour, salt in a mixing bowl, make a well and pour in olive oil mix well, then pour in yeast mixture little at a time and mix until a soft and pliable dough is obtained (add in extra water if required).
- Turn the dough onto the lightly floured surface and knead for 3-5minutes until smooth. Transfer to the greased bowl and cover with a cling film/kitchen towel and set aside for 1-2hours.
Meanwhile for the sauce:
- Mix tomato puree, basil, garlic together in a pan and cook on a medium low flame for 8-10minutes (stirring in between) , season with ground pepper, herbs, salt mix well and set aside.
For the pizza:
- Pre-heat the oven at 220degc, grease the pizza tray with olive oil and dust some fine corn meal/plain flour and set aside.
- After the resting time punch down the dough and knead for 1-2minutes again by dusting some flour. Then divide the dough as desired.
- On a floured surface roll out the dough into rounds using rolling pin, roll it thin as it rises again.
- Transfer the rolled pizza base on the greased pizza tray and bake for 4-5minutes before topping. ( I made 2 small pizzas so baked at the same time)
- After 5 minutes pull out the base and spread the sauce over the bases with the back of spoon, scatter with cheese and tomatoes, drizzle with olive oil and bake again for 8-10minutes/ until the crust is golden.
- Once baked top with basil leaves and serve.
- I blanched tomatoes and peeled the skin and then blend to puree for tomato sauce.
- I did two small pizzas as I was baking this for my daughter, so the size and thickness can be personalised.