Pumpkin cranberry oats – Porridge
Pumpkin cranberries make a delicious fall pairing. This is an indulgent weekend breakfast completed at weekday morning speed. This is super simple, just throw all the ingredients into the pot and cook breakfast done in 10 minutes. You get HOT FAST breakfast without having to worry about being late for work. Breakfast that tastes like a dessert and healthy like a bowl of oatmeal?. It tastes a lot like a yummy slice of pumpkin pie.
Pumpkin – like most winter squash – is low in calories, high in fiber, and rich in beta carotene. Pumpkin also contains a lesser-known carotenoid which might help prevent lung cancer.
Preparation time- 5 minutes
Cooking time- 15 minutes
- Rolled oats-1cup
- Milk of choice-1 ½-2cups
- Dates molasses-2-3tbsp (can also substitute with chopped dates)
- Pumpkin puree-1/2cup (link)
- Vanilla extract-1tsp
- Ground cinnamon-1/2tsp
- Crushed mace.javitri-1petal (alternatively ground nutmeg can also be used)
- Salt- pinch
- Cranberries- a handful
- Honey (optional)
- Pumpkin seeds (or nuts can also be used)
- In a pan/ skillet dry roast oats for 2-3minutes on low medium flame.
- Then transfer the roasted oats on the plate/dish and in the same pan bring milk to boil.
- Once milk comes to boil add in oats and cook on a medium heat for 4-5minutes
- Then add dates molasses or dates, pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg/javitri and salt, mix well until well combined.
- When you are pleased with the consistency of the oatmeal, stir in half of the cranberries and then transfer to a bowl. Drizzle some honey and top with pumpkin seeds (or nuts)
- Consistency and sweet taste can be personalised as per the taste