Pistachio and Mint Raita/ Yogurt dip
This is a delicious creamy dip with wonderful minty flavour and crunchiness of chopped pistachio with nutty taste of crushed nuts. Usually this dip is served with any biryani or pulao or even as a side dish with meal along with spicy curry/ flat bread like paratha.
Health benefits of Pistachio:
Snacking on pistachios may help lower your cholesterol. Pistachios contain fewer calories and more potassium and vitamin K per serving than other nuts.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Non-fat Greek yogurt- 1 cup
- Unsalted roasted pistachio- 1/4 cup + for garnishing
- Mint – 10-12 leaves
- Chopped onion-1 medium
- Black salt-1tsp (can substitute with regular table salt)
- Chilli powder-1/2tsp
- Chaat masala- 1/2tsp
- Place pistachio, mint leaves in a blender or food processor and blend until crushed.
- In a small bowl whisk together the yogurt, crushed pistachio-mint, onion, chat masala, chilli powder, black salt until combined well.
- Garnish with chopped pistachio.
Serve with flavoured rice/biryani/pulao/paratha.