Golden baby corn – Baked and Vegan
Baby corn fingers are refreshing and healthy change for potato crisps. Baked baby corn fingers is quick to make and healthy to eat. It can be served as a starter/mid-meal snack.
They are usually deep fried as a variation have Baked them. For baking different methods are used like marinating etc., for crispiness have used Rice and corn flour. As a vegan options have used coconut milk.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes (For Babycorn)
Baking time: 25 minutes
- Fresh Baby corn-10-12
- Corn flour-1tbsp
- Rice flour-2tbsp
- Plain flour – 2tbsp
- Salt-as per taste
- Chilli powder/paprika-1tsp
- Garlic paste-1tsp
- Coconut milk-as required for batter (about 3-4tbsp)
- Oil-to spray
- Bread crumbs – ½ cup
- Italian herbs – as per taste
- Wash and trim the edges of baby corn then cook for 10-12mins in a boiling water .drain completely and dry on a kitchen towel/tissue and set aside
- Pre-heat the oven for 200deg c. line the baking tray.
- In a mixing bowl add rice flour, corn flour, plain flour,salt, chilli powder/paprika mix well and sprinkle little by little coconut milk to form thick dropping consistency paste.
- In another bowl combine bread crumbs and dried herbs and keep it aside
- Coat each baby corn in batter and roll it in bread crumbs and place it on a prepared baking tray
- Place coated baby corn on the lined baking tray and make sure not to overlap each other, spray some oil on each and bake for 20-25min/until golden brown turning halfway.
Serve hot with spicy Tomoato Chilli Sauce (Recipe link).
- If calorie is not a concern can deep fry this for more crispier.
- As an alternate option to baking just shallow fry marinated baby corn in the pan until golden brown by drizzling some oil.
- You can even use buttermilk/yogurt instead of coconut milk for the batter.
- Spices can be added as per choice