Flaxseed Chocolate Cookies – Vegan
Posted by Chitra Jagadish
A healthy, delectable homemade cookies with a wholesome ingredients such as whole wheat flour, ground flaxseed, sunflower spread and agave nectar as a sweetener.
These cookies can be enjoyed for breakfast or snack with a cuppa.
Flaxseeds are a popular traditional food and remedy and they contain an omega-3 fatty acid.
Omega-3 fats are important for maintaining the body’s health. Oily fish are a common source of some types of omega-3, but for non-fish eaters, alpha linolenic acid from vegetable oils, including flaxseed, are an alternative.
Preparation time-15 minutes
Baking time-10-12 minutes
- Whole wheat flour-1 cup
- Ground flaxseed- 2-3 tbsp
- Cocoa powder-3 tbsp
- Agave nectar-1/2 cup
- Any spread of choice-1/4 cup (I used Asparagus spread)
- Baking soda-1/2 tsp
- Salt- a generous pinch
- Vanilla extract-1 tsp
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips-1/3 cup
- Milk of choice- 2-3 tbsp (or more for the dough)
- Pre-heat the oven at 180 deg c. Line the baking tray with parchment paper.
- Whisk the flour, ground flaxseed, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder in a bowl.
- Beat agave nectar, spread in medium speed until fluffy, stir in vanilla essence.
- Now add the flour mixture and beat just combined, scraping the bowl as needed.
- Add milk little at a time until well combined and dough is formed.
- Drop a heaping spoon of dough on to the prepared baking sheets pat and flatten a little or as desired thickness..
- Bake until golden brown or for 10-12 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool 4-5 minutes on a baking sheets, then transfer to racks to cool completely.
- Any sweetener of choice can be used instead of agave nectar
- Milk can be replaced with single/double cream for rich taste.
- I used sunflower spread instead and can use butter or any spread alternatively.
I am bringing this recipe to Annie’s VVLP#24
About Chitra JagadishMy passion for Cooking & love to explore healthy recipes. This blog is a result from it and am here to share 'Recipes for Healthy living'...Its all about 'FOOD and HEALTH'
Posted on December 8, 2014, in Appetizers, Breakfast, Dessert, International, Vegan and tagged Chitras healthy kitchen, drchdietfood, flaxseed cookied, Omega rich cookies, Vegan cookies. Bookmark the permalink. 21 Comments.