I make these flavorful veggie burgers packed with garbanzo beans/chickpeas, corn, spices, veggies. The fiber and protein from the beans help to keep me full and the toppings add even more flavor and nutrition
These are perfect for pan frying or baking.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time-15 minutes
- Chickpeas- 1 can (drained and rinsed thoroughly)
- Sweet corn- 1/2cup
- Baby spinach leaves-1/2cup
- Finely Chopped bell pepper-1/2
- Grated carrot-1/2cup
- Chickpea flour-1/4cup
- Powdered oats-2-3tbsp
- Chilli powder-1tsp
- Salt- to taste
- Oil- for toasting
- Bread crumbs for coating
- Place chickpeas, sweet corn, in a food processor and pulse until crushed.
- Transfer the crushed chickpeas-sweet corn mixture to a mixing bowl, to this add chickpea flour, powdered oats, chilli powder, grated carrot, chopped bell pepper, salt and mix until everything combined.
- Scoop out handful and shape into fat burger-sized patties.
- When you’re ready to cook, heat a frying pan and add a drizzle of oil. Fry the mini burgers for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, turning once, until they’re dark golden and crisp on the outside.
Serve with tomato chilli sauce (For Recipe Click here)
- I ground rolled oats until fine and used as powdered oats.
- Spices and veggies can be personalised as per the taste.
- Patty mixture was moist enough to coat bread crumbs so I haven’t used milk/corn-starch coating- so feel free to coat with milk or egg if desired.
I am bringing this recipe to FF#51