Dosizza (Oats and Chickpea flour Pancakes/Dosa)
Pizza is such an addictive food in today’s lifestyle. My family love Pizza to an extent which helps me explore ways to make them. In this recipe have tried to make Pizza using Dosa batter on a hob/Stove top. Oats and Gram flour mixture is used as a base
Gram flour or Besan flour or Chickpeas flour is a nutty flour has the ability to create tasty, simple breads that stand on their own with few ingredients. It also stands above wheat flour in protein and folate content.
Oats being rich in dietary fiber provides a wide range of health benefits.
Servers: 8-10 dosas
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
• Powdered Oats – 3/4 cup
• Besan/Gram flour/Chickpeas flour – 1 cup
• Semolina – 2-3 tbsp (Optional)
• Yogurt -1/2 cup
• Carom seeds-1 tsp
• Green chilli finely chopped-1 tbsp
• Ginger finely chopped -1 tbsp
• Salt-as per taste
- Onion finely chopped -1num
- Capsicum finely chopped -1num
- Tomato finely chopped -1num
- Coriander finely chopped -2-3tbsp
- Low fat Mozirella Cheese
- Chat masala -1tsp (optional)
- Salt (Optional)
- Combine Gram flour, Oats, Semolina, Salt, Carom seeds, Ginger, Green chilli and mix well.
- Then add yogurt and mix well –batter should be thick ( add in water if required)
- In the other bowl mix onion, tomato, capsicum, coriander, chat masala and set aside.
- Heat a non stick skillet over medium low heat
- Spray oil lightly; When hot spered a laddle full of batter cover and let it cook for 3 – 4 minutes
- Then when it is slightly golden and let it cook the other side for another 3 – 4 mins
- Then flip back to the first side (cooked side) and spread the topping and cheese
- Cover for a minute and cook until cheese melts
- Transfer to a plate and serve
- Feel free to personalise the toppings
- Instant oats were powdered in a blender or food processor
- The batter turns thick very quickly so keep checking the consistency and add water if required.
- Adding of semolina makes Pancakes bit crispier
Posted on January 17, 2015, in Appetizers, Breakfast, Indian, International, Main dish and tagged drchdietfood, Gram flour crepes, gram flour Uttapam, indian, oats, Oats spicy crepes, Oats spicy Uttapam. Bookmark the permalink. 24 Comments.