Roti/Chapati/Tortilla Noodles is a simple quick stir fry dish is a one hot pot dish. Just roll tortillas and cut into strips and use your own imagination to make yummy noodles. This dish is very easy to make and could be made healthy with the addition of some colorful veggies.
Serves: 2 – 3
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Chapathi/Roti/Tortillas-4 num
- Julienned onion- ¼ cup
- Julienned carrot-1/4 cup
- Julienned cabbage-1/4 cup
- Julienned bell peppers/capsicum-1/2 cup
- Spring onion greens-2 tbsp
- Sliced Mushroom – 8- 10
- Finely chopped ginger-1 tsp
- Finely chopped garlic-2 tsp
- Chilli sauce-1 tbsp
- Soya sauce – 1 tbsp
- Tomato sauce – 2 tbsp
- Vinegar-2 tsp
- Salt-as per taste
- Oil-1 tbsp
• Toast Chapathis on the tava to golden brown on both sides and let it cool down.
• Once it cools down cut them length wise using kitchen knife/ scissors (or any shapes you desire)
• Heat oil in the pan add ginger –garlic saute as it turns brown add all the chopped vegetables and stir for 5-6 minutes on a high flame
• Then add salt, chilli sauce, tomato sauce, vinegar and mix well and saute for a minute or two.
• Lower the flame and add the chopped chapathi toss it with veggies; continue to cook until heated through and blends well
• Finally add spring onion greens
Serve hot with raita/ yogurt (For recipe click here).
Recipe for Chapathi/Tortillas click here
• Vegtables can be altered as per your taste.
• Instead of chapathi you can stir fry Parathas/noodles/spaghetti.
• If your making this for kids just reduce the spice accordingly.