Thyme-yogurt walnut dip/spread
It comes together in just a few minutes. The dip is salty, tangy and just pretty with that flavour of thyme. It goes well with seasonal veggies or spreads easily on breads and sandwiches. It’s the perfect thing to share. Usually feta cheese and cream cheese is used for thick and creamy texture but just to keep it healthy I used very less amount of low fat cheese and most of greek yogurt.
Preparation time-10 minutes
- Natural Greek yogurt-1cup
- Low-fat cheese-2-3tbsp
- Chopped toasted Walnuts-8-10
- Chopped Garlic-1clove
- Salt- to taste
- Lime juice- 1tbsp
- Fresh thyme- 2-3 sprigs+ for garnish
- Place walnuts, garlic in the food processor and pulse until crushed.
- Add cheese, yogurt, thyme, lime juice, salt and blend the mixture until completely smooth.
- Transfer the dip to a container, cover and chill for a couple hours before eating. (can eat right away but it tastes even better after the flavours have some time to meld.
Serve with crackers/salads as a dip or spread on baguettes/breads.
Recipe link for Oats and wheat seeded Savoury crackers (Click here)
- Feel free to use cheese/cream cheese for creamy and thick consistency.