500th Post: Strawberries stuffed with Pistachio and coated with Chocolate
These delectable berries are so simple to throw together yet make an elegant and beautiful dessert. The rich and creamy nutty filling is slightly sweetened and pairs beautifully with berries for a healthier sweet treat The dark chocolate coating and a crunch of pistachio add a special touch
These are also great for any party, or anytime. =) Make the Pistachio cream sauce ahead of time and store in the refrigerator.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Soaking time: 6 to 8 hours
- Fresh strawberries-15 number
- Dark chocolate (70%)- 100gms
- Crushed Pistachio-3 tbsp (optional)
- Pistachios- 1/2cup
- Cashew nut- 10-12
- Agave nectar- 1/4cup (or as sweet desired)
- Vanilla essence- 1tbsp
- Few tablespoons of Almond milk/coconut milk or any milk may be required while blending.
- Soak cashews and pistachio in water overnight.
- Wash strawberries thoroughly in running water-pat dry completely before dipping.
For chocolate dipping sauce:
- Line baking sheet with parchment or wax sheet.
- Place the crushed pistachio in a shallow bowl/plate and set aside.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler – fill a small saucepan about quarte of the way with water and bring it to a boil and now position a metal mixing bowl on top of the saucepan to create double boiler, making sure the bowl does not touch the water. Place chocolate in the top bowl and melt stirring continuously.
- Now dip the strawberries into the melted chocolate followed by pistachio and place the coated strawberries on the lined tray to cool. Continue with the remaining strawberries.
- Refrigerate the chocolate coated strawberries until it is set and hardened.
- Drain water from the soaking nuts and place it in the food processor along with agave nectar, vanilla essence and pulse for several seconds.
- Using spatula scrape the sides of the blender to push down for any nuts that might have tried to escape and pulse again, repeat that process several times until the mixture begins to get creamy.
- (want to add a little milk. Do so by adding 1 tablespoon at a time until you get the right consistency. Once you’re there, pulse the nuts cream for up to a minute in the food processor. You want that cream to be silky smooth!)
- Scoop the filling mixture into the frosting bag or zip lock bag and keep ready.
- Take out the coated strawberries from the refrigerator- place on the working surface and scoop out a well in the middle of each, using a small spoon or knife.
- Pipe carefully into the strawberries (garnish with some sprinkler or nuts if desired)
- Using cashew is optional just for extra creamy texture I used bit of cashews- you can use just pistachio and do the filling.
- Use bigger strawberries and make sure they are dry before dipping into chocolate
I am bringing this recipe to Kimmy’s HVF#36