Almond Coconut Triangles
This grain-free, vegan slices, which is similar to Badam burfi (Almond Halwa). It is made with almond flour and is full of cardamom and coconut flavour! This is one of those recipes that’s so easy and no mess. Although it’s an unassuming slim little slice and somewhat wet inside, don’t let looks fool you; it has the best flavour, and there’s a lovely contrast between the slightly chewy crust and buttery crumb
Preparation time-10 minutes
Cooking time- 30-40 minutes
Ingredients: Dry ingredients:
- Almond meal-2cups (ground almonds)
- Coconut powder-1/2cup
- Baking soda-1tsp
- Vegan spread/coconut oil-2tbsp ( I used olive spread)
- Fruit sugar- ½ to 3/4cup (alternatively agave nectar/honey can also be used)
- Coconut milk-1/2cup
- Vanilla extract-2tsp
- Ground cardamom-1/2tsp
- Desiccated coconut
- Almond flakes
- Pre-heat the oven at 170 deg c (fan assited). Line the loaf pan with baking sheet-grease and set aside.
- Sift dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir with a whisk to combine.
- Now place vegan spread/butter, coconut milk, fruit sugar in a bowl and using a hand blender whisk for 1-2 minutes.
- Now add cardamom powder, vanilla essence and whizz until combined well.
- Pour dry ingredients over wet ingredients in batches using a spoon/spatula and mix thoroughly until combined well.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 30-40 minutes (baking time may vary from oven to oevn so bake until the tooth pick inserted comes out clear)
- Once baked top it with desiccated coconut, almond flakes and let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately or cover with cling film and store in a air tight container.
- Fruit sugar can be replaced with regular sugar, coconut sugar or any sweetener of choice.